29 August 2012

FO: Swirl Shawl for Work

The whole shebang
It's finished!!   The last time I wrote about my Swirl Shawl,I was concerned about it being too small since I didn't have the required yardage, I changed up the needles that were called for, and I guess I was worried that it was going to be a disaster.

Guess what? I think it's absolutely fabulous!

Here it is looking a bit like a croissant with the curly ends.

Dangle! Twisty
And here it is as worn - with wispy little tendrils that dangle down on one side since it's tied up with a pin (they dangle on both sides if I even it out and let it hang). 

I've worn it to work twice already and I think it looks nice, though calls to mind a question:

Close up and personal, Silk Mohair Lace
Should I be worried that I'm so soon an old lady, at the young age of 29?

This was easy and fun...

Though once I learned how to do a yarn-over it got a bit boring.

4 comments:

  1. That is gorgeous! There's probably more complicated lace swirly shawl patterns out there, if you want to tackle them next. (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm actually working on a different lace shawl... not a swirly one. I'll post soon and you can look. I love how this one just tendrils down over my shoulders, though....

      *beams*

      Delete