04 June 2012

Ballband Dishcloth: Finished!!

And.... done!
I finished my first knitted dishcloth yesterday afternoon right down to casting off and tucking the ends of yarn back into the piece. This pic is sort of awful, and the dishcloth is wet because I'm trying to 'block' it so that the edges are straight.

But! In person it's beautiful.*


*Ok, ok... so about halfway through I must have missed a row and then my frontside vs. backside pattern switched and I didn't notice until 3 rows later and I would have taken that out and backed up, but I didn't really feel confident that I'd be able to actually back up three rows without losing loops and messing the whole thing up. Note to self: find some way of counting rows.

6 comments:

  1. This color is gorgeous! Congratulations on finishing your first knitting project! Also it might not be your first knitting project but you can deal with that knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The real color is actually sort of a pale, butter yellow. This is wicked bright because the fabric is wet.

    And - you are right! My first knitting project was a rectangle (I was going to make a purse!) that I gave up on in 2003 because it made me angry and furious. I didn't know how to cast-off, so I gave the recipient 3 inches of knit still on the needles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only the internet had smell-o-vision to truely appreciate that thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really nice. Is it super scrubby? It looks like it could handle some tough stuff.

      Delete
    2. M - we haven't used it a lot in the kitchen because I inadvertently used it with scented yarn and we're only on our 5th time through the washer, or so... it's made of a nice, soft, kitchen cotton - I imagine that it will be awesome at scrubbing. I also know people who use this type of cloth for their face in the bathroom since it's soft but also scrubby.

      The biggest problem is that it takes a long time to dry out, since it's a bit thick.

      Delete