02 June 2012

A few rows of ballband

So it has happened! I have knitted 12 rows and I am not even angry or frustrated.  My pattern for this ballband dishcloth includes knit, purl, slips, and yf and yb (yarn forward and backwards, respectively).
12 rows of a dishcloth!
It was supposed to be in two colors (and addition to this buttery yellow I have a dusty blue), but after watching all of those youtube videos I don't really want to watch anymore to learn how to work another color in. This yellow was a gift from a RAK that showed up a couple of days ago.  Anyway, multiple colors will have to come with cloth #2. I wonder if I can finish by the time Nathan gets home?
Detail of the pattern, this will repeat until the end.

4 comments:

  1. Hey, that looks awesome! Fancy stitchwork, lady! It's not just for dishcloths, I have seen people make swiffer covers too. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/swiffer-cozy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your praise! I'm sort of totally impressed with myself over all of this, you know... it might just go to my head. :)
      I owe my mom a blue one (she's sending me my Oma's old needles in exchange) and then I think I'll move on to bigger and better things.

      !!

      Delete
  2. For the record, I was there for the finish!

    ReplyDelete