30 May 2012

My first FO (Finished Object): Easy Crochet Headband

So, it has finally happened! I have started and finished a craft project.  Apparently, coasting on the high of live animals and fluffies has pushed me to continue to create.  I found a great pattern on ravelry, the Easy Crochet Headband by creativeyarn, (Alternate link on her site) that looked perfect for someone with a small amount of lumpy yarn who only knows the very super basics.

I wanted to use some of the new yarn that I spun this weekend, so I gave it a shot, and 30 minutes later I had the finished headband!

My head, sporting the latest in crochet fashion


!
I can imagine that it would be nice to whip out a few of these in a variety of colors to match different outfits. They are quick and easy and might make nice gifts, and I imagine they are super-easy to embellish with beads or notions or other little things to make it more interesting. The author has an amended pattern to include a crocheted flower, but my skills aren't quite up to that, yet.

Anyway, I made this thing, from fluff to finish.  Yay!

2 comments: